Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Exploring Marina Bay Sands

Day 4
Feb 2, 2013
Singapore

I have been in the Marina Bay Sands complex for the past 2 days already for the conference but I never really had the chance to explore it, save for a quick walk around the Shoppes, where I cannot afford a single thing, and the ArtScience Museum the previous day. So, after moving to Hermes' place where I stayed for the weekend, I met Joanne and Mitch who toured me around the complex.

We first went to the Skypark where I got to see a bird's eye view of the Marina Bay and a partial view of the infinity pool which was understandably closed to tourists.




After we were roasted at the Skypark - Singapore is hot in every sense of the word - we went to the Gardens by the Bay. First stop was at the Cloud Forest, a cool-moist conservatory featuring the world's tallest indoor waterfall and a 35-meter tall mountain covered in lush vegetation, which can be explored via walkways.





We then went to the Flower Dome which features a collection of plants from all over the world.





After exploring the 2 conservatories, we decided to stay here until night time to witness the light and sound show which started at 7:45 PM.



No comments: